Child Takes First Steps After Deadly Meningitis
An adorable tot who was ravaged by a flesh eating bug has taken her first steps with prosthetic limbs.
Aubrielle Marsilio, two, from Pennsylvania, USA, was diagnosed with a deadly strain of meningitis at just six months old.
Her devastated mum, Morgan, 24, prepared herself for the worst – the flesh eating bug had left her daughter with a mere 10 per cent chance of survival.
After going into septic shock, Aubrielle’s body began to turn purple and doctors were left with no other choice but to amputate both legs and her finger tips on her left hand.
Morgan feared she would never see her daughter walk but after receiving her prosthetics in 2015, the toddler began practising with her new limbs.
And now, 12 months later, Aubrielle has finally taken her first steps and Morgan couldn’t be more proud.
Morgan, a stay at home mum, said: “As surgeons wheeled my baby girl down to amputate her legs, I was left heartbroken.
This content is exclusively available for commercial usage for creative agencies and brands.